Findings: High School Teacher Tech Integration Study

I was cleaning out my computer and I came across an article from 2011 that I thought was worth sharing - Findings: High School Teacher Tech Integration Study

In the article it says, "Technology is learned, not innate. The teachers said that they should not assume that students know how to use every aspect of technology, just because they have more experience with one or two areas. The teachers agreed also, that they should not be intimidated if they don’t have all of the answers. They pointed out that students often lack skill and understanding in ethical decision-making, problem-solving/troubleshooting, evaluating sources, and research, organization, and information synthesis."

As I like to say "students know, what they know", as teachers it is important that we help students develop their "tech competencies". 

Comments

Popular Posts